anyone who reads this book will be guaranteed a firm grounding in the the general principles of surgery.
...this book is an excellent text and I would recommend it to any surgical trainee." President of GKT Surgical Society
, The Journal of Surgery, October 2003
textbook outshines others in its class...highly recommend to any trainee or student wishing to understand the principles and practice of surgery and furthermore it is certainly is a prerequisite for anyone determined to
pursue a career in surgery." Surgery Student
, The Journal of Surgery, November 2003
must have for anyone wanting a career in surgery."MAD Magazine - Barts and The London Students' Association, November 2003 a textbook worth taking a closer look at.
Unlike other surgical texts, this one manages not only to cover basic sciences and principles, but also topics such as surgical access and instrumentation, which is essential for the budding surgeon.
I highly recommend this book, to not only the trainee surgeons it is intended
for but any medical student wishing to understand the principles and practice of surgery before facing their surgical rotations and clinical
exams." Nikita Kanani
, GKT Gazette, December 2003 Product Description
This book does not attempt to rival major surgical textbooks, but
draws together a collection of basic information in a convenient format.
It provides a transition in knowledge between the basic sciences and
clinical practice. Emphasis is placed on the general principles of
surgery rather than on management of specific conditions and thus this
title complements the standard clinical surgical textbooks.
- Applies basic science to practical clinical settings
- Clear succinct chapters
- Provides a core of knowledge with which surgeons should be familiar
- Recommended by the RCS
- Written by the RCS STEP course tutors
- Ensures a transition of knowledge between the basic sciences and clinical practice
- Helps MRCS candidates revise for exams
- Aids decision-making for inexperienced surgeons
- New chapter on Tissue and Bone response to trauma and surgery
- New chapter on Clinical Governance
- New editor joins the book, Mr. William Ribbans
GET IT HERE