Surgical Pathology of the GI Tract, Liver, Biliary Tract and Pancreas
This one-of-a-kind reference provides a comprehensive and practical
guide to help you interpret endoscopic biopsies and resection specimens
of all organs related to the digestive system. Plus, thanks to Expert
Consult, you’ll be able to access the entire contents of this title
online and download all images, from anywhere there’s an internet
connection. The more than 2250 high quality illustrations, 30% more than
in the first edition, help you recognize and diagnose any tissue sample
under the microscope. Five new chapters, additional expert authors,
expanded tables, and coverage of the current clinical approach to
management and treatment options, particularly screening and
surveillance recommendations for preneoplastic disorders, round out this
* Acts as a one-stop resource for the entire gastrointestinal system, liver, biliary tract, and pancreas.
* Incorporates over 2250 high quality color illustrations so you can
recognize and diagnose any tissue sample under the microscope.
* Provides all the necessary tools to make a comprehensive diagnostic
workup including data from ancillary techniques and molecular findings
* Simplifies complex topics and streamlines decision-making using extensive tables, graphs, and flowcharts.
* Helps you avoid diagnostic errors thanks to practical advice on pitfalls in differential diagnosis.
* Uses a new “road map” at the beginning of each chapter, as well as a
new, more clinical focus to help you navigate through the book more
* Reflects the latest classification and staging systems available so
you can provide the clinician with the most accurate and up-to-date
diagnostic and prognostic indicators, including key molecular aspects of
* Includes access to the entire contents online, from anywhere there’s an internet connection.
* Adds five new chapters including “Screening and Surveillance of the
GI Tract”, “Congenital and Developmental Disorders of the GI Tract”,
“Pediatric Enteropathies of the GI Tract”, “Vascular Disorders of the GI
Tract”, and “Fatty Liver Disease”.
* Expands appropriate chapters with new coverage of the normal histology of the GI tract, liver, biliary tract and pancreas.
* Uses expanded tables to outline specific differential diagnostic points helpful for surgical pathologists.
* Discusses the key molecular aspects of tumor progression and risk assessment in all chapters that cover neoplastic disorders.
* Helps you evaluate diagnostically challenging cases using diagnostic algorithms.
* Increases the number of high quality photographs by at least 30% to include even more normal and abnormal tissue samples.
* Updates all chapters to include the latest references, concepts, data, and controversies.
* Incorporates expanded coverage of the pancreas and liver, eliminating the need for a separate text
GET IT HERE Related SubjectGastrointestinal and Liver Disease- 2 Volume Set: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, ManagementFirst Principles of Gastroenterology : The Basis of Disease and an Approach to Management 5th edOxford Handbook of Gastroenterology & Hepatology Endoscopy of the Upper GI Tract: A Training ManualCameron, Atlas of Gastrointestinal Surgery