Medical Book
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medical Book

Buy Textbooks | Autoclaves | stethoscopes | Buy Books Online | Buy Medical Textbooks | Textbooks | Equipment | Nutrition | USMLE | MRCP | MRCS | Dental | Sport Medicine | Cardiology | Medical Textbook | Surgery | Pregnancy | Anatomy | Radiation | Pedia |

HomeLatest imagesPublicationsRegisterLog in

Forex Losing Streaks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
painofhell

painofhell

Male Posts : 669
Birthday : 1990-05-18
Job/hobbies : forex

Forex Losing Streaks Empty
PostSubject: Forex Losing Streaks   Forex Losing Streaks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Forex Losing Streaks

Imagine a small losing streak of just 5 trades risking 3% on each; it would cost you a massive 13% of your account. Think about that for a second, 13% of your account wiped out by just a handful of bad trades…… if you’re a trader the very thought of that should send shivers down your spine.
So, if you have a bad run you could easily end up decimating your account, after just a few trades.

Forex Losing Streaks Crash

Let’s also remember math is pretty logical but we as human beings are pretty emotional. With math we can say that each trade had a risk of 3%. In real life though, most newbie’s after a few losses would make the mistake of trading out of anger. 3% risk becomes 5% and before they know it what started off as a little losing streak becomes a margin call.

There Is a Way Round Losing Streaks

It is just so simple, if you lose 3 trades in a row close down your platform and take a few days off trading. This allows you to:

[list="padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; box-sizing: border-box; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1.25rem; margin-left: 1.4rem; line-height: 1.6; list-style-position: outside; font-family: inherit;"]
[*]Kill the Losing Streak – Losing streaks always start off small, you may make a little mistake in your analysis, which leads to a bad trade. Maybe out of anger, you take another bad trade and from there on out the losing streak takes on a life of its own. Instead of letting a pebble become a boulder, it’s best to cut losing streaks short. If you make a conscious decision to shut down the charts you will cut off all chances of trading out of anger, and making costly mistakes.
[*]Take a Break and Clear Your Head – I believe most losing streaks are caused by chart overload. After a few months of constantly staring at charts you could start to lose it. So instead of making mistakes take a short break and come back to your charts with a refreshed mind.
[*]Preserve Your Capital – Do I need to explain this one? It stops you from losing your hard earned money by taking dumb revenge trades and making stupid mistakes.

[/list]

How This Rule Has Helped Me

When I was a newbie I blew two accounts due to losing streaks. On my third (and final, if I blew it) account I started using this rule and my account just kept on growing. There have been several times over the past few years where I lost three trades in a row and took a few days off. Any one of those times, if I had kept pushing it I could have thrown it all away.
If it wasn’t due to stringently following this rule I would not be a trader today. I would have squandered away my capital and right now I would be a 9am to 5pm pen salesman.
This is something you should seriously consider adopting into your trading.

Back to top Go down

Forex Losing Streaks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1